Tuesday, April 13, 2010

He's Coming Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, it's almost here. Davis-our new baby. My new family. I'm overwhelmed, anxious, excited, and scared shitless all at the same time. But, we've done as much as we can to be prepared and that's all we can do. Nobody's really prepared- I know that, so we're just gonna take it one day at a time.

Wed night, I'm going to the hospital to have my lady parts "prepared" and then will be induced Thursday morning if he hasn't come already. He was still up pretty high today so the doctor didn't imagine he'd make an appearance before then. So, come sometime Thursday there will be a new Downing-Crain! Crazy. This is going to change our lives forever. I guess this means I'm a grown-up officially. It's been really quite touching with all the phone calls, texts, emails, and facebook messages I'm getting seeing to see if our little man has arrived. He's loved so much by so many before he's even born. What's a lovely thing to be born into.

So, I did have some tests and obviously an appointment this morning since I was due yesterday. I've had quite an average/normal pregancy which is really ideal. We had a non-stress test this morning. Basically they sit you in a recliner and strap on a fetal heart monitor to see what he's up to for half an hour. We want some variety in the heart rate. He was a little lazy this morning until they buzzed me with a little electrode (not painful) and it made that boy do a full flip. That got him moving. They also monitor contractions of which I had very few. But, all in all, Davis is still thriving. We then walked next door and had an ultrasound to make sure there was an appropriate amount of fluid. There was. We also verified that Davis is indeed a boy. He is.

We then had an appointment with the doctor.
Stats:
Weight gain- 30.0
BP- 124/82 (a little high but I was a little anxious)
Davis HR -130
Dilated- 2cm
Effaced- 70%
Estimated weight of Davis: "just under 8 lbs"- take that with a grain of salt...

The OB said everything was quite healthy- me, placenta, & baby. She said "let's have a back-up plan" so I suggested we induce Friday so my sister could be there. She said she was not going to be avaiable after 4pm Friday so it was suggested we come in Wed night for the cervadil and then induce the following morning. So, there is a plan..."I love it when a plan comes together".

The next post will be with baby pics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment