Monday, February 22, 2010

Heart Attack

Most of you that have been pregnant have felt that "shortness of breath" that comes w/ gaining 20 lbs right in your stomach. I mean, that's kind of an understatement. Tieing my shoes or picking up something at the office, like a pen, is entirely too tramatic for my airway. This weekend was amusing....

So, I took Matthew to see his favorite comedian, Pat Dixon Sat. night at Crackers in downtown Indy. We don't go "out on the town" very often so Matthew was fairly excited. We didn't realize there was some sort of motorcyle BMX situation going on. We drove around looking for a parking spot or over an hour! For freakin' motocycles. Who knew? So, we did find a place that was 9 blocks away and it was 5 mintues before the show started. That's a little annoying but I can still walk (not so good at the jogging) and I wore flats, but the parking garage was ten stories high and we were on the 8th floor. On the way down wasn't so bad. On the way up was a far different experience. By the sixth floor I was literally weezing- like a little fat 10 year old in gym class. So much that my chest hurt b/c I was breathing so hard. I know I'm not in that great a shape to begin with but I coudln't even talk. So, I asked Matthew to rest while I pretended to get something out of my purse. Yes, I need my lipstick halfway up the flight of steps- that's it. It was embarassing and I've now told Matthew next time I will be dropped off whilst he parks the car :) Would it be easier carrying a baby in my stomach on in my arms? Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment